What do I want to understand?
- Sub-questions that may shape the research.
- (How) are the students benefitting from the activities?
- —perhaps compared to other means of metacognitive strategies, such as writing?
- How are students using their metacognitive drawings? In regard to self-regulated learning: planning, monitoring and evaluating.
- How much support/guidance is required throughout? Is this increasing/decreasing over time/iterations?
- What form does the support take?
- How visually descriptive do the images need to be useful? Might this have implications for a more generalised application beyond vis comm students?
- In what ways are the activities experienced or perceived?
- Could the students discussing their practical projects in the context of the metacognitive activities provide useful qualitative data?